EPIC designs innovative vision system solutions to meet your changing needs for quality, consumer safety and production accuracy in manufacturing. Each custom vision system design incorporates advanced vision technology along with EPIC’s own EVS interface and a successful vision strategy that’s first-discovered through vision feasibility testing.
Whether the system is needed to inspect packaging, identify barcode presence or detect label orientation, our engineers have extensive vision system design knowledge and apply fundamental engineering principles to every vision system we design.
EPIC’s vision systems are designed by engineers to provide optimal performance, task repeatability and maintainability as well as flawless function far beyond startup. At EPIC, we know that a vision system matters most when it’s turned on and working inside your plant and to ensure success, a well thought out vision system design is crucial.
MACHINE VISION SYSTEM DESIGN PROCESS
The vision system design process begins with Front-End Engineering. Working under a mutually respected and agreed upon investment of time, capital and intellect, we work with you to listen and fully understand exactly what it is you need to achieve with your vision system. Beginning in the design phase, inspection criteria is evaluated and preliminary designs are developed. We work in our vision lab to mock up vision configurations with the correct cameras, lenses and lights while pinpointing opportunities for cost-savings and efficiency that can be included in the vision system’s final design. Throughout the vision system design process we:
- Listen to understand common goals and vision inspection objectives
- Work with you to determine the project scope and all design related aspects including hardware, software, mechanicals and electrical requirements for the system
- Incorporate customized solutions into each vision systems’ design where appropriate
- Communicate key project milestones and dates
- Evaluate and recommend different options for cost and time savings