The integration of a vision system is rarely as simple as mounting a lighted camera on a bracket along the assembly line and plugging it in. For optimal vision system success, EPIC conducts vision feasibility studies for each vision application before moving forward with full vision system quotation, design and fabrication. Based upon your objectives for quality and accuracy, the study of vision feasibility pinpoints the most efficient approach to machine vision for your production processes and data collection needs.
In EPIC’s state of the art vision lab, our group of vision engineers works with you to understand your exact manufacturing goals. From this understanding, we set up and configure a simulated vision application to achieve the necessary inspection using actual samples of the products or parts that are to be examined. This real-time testing uncovers the best approach for a custom vision system that’s engineered to sustain long-term functionality.
Whether your vision needs involve multiple systems for implementation on many production lines around the world or a single customized machine with the most advanced vision technology, EPIC will determine the appropriate vision solution for your production site. After vision feasibility testing is complete, EPIC’s engineers review with clients our recommendations for a cost-effective and ergonomically efficient vision solution including detailed part, service and price parameters necessary to bring the system to life.
VISION FEASIBILITY STUDIES INVOLVE:
- Understanding vision needs using EPIC’s Front-End Engineering approach
- Gaining knowledge of unique part and process variations
- Identifying the precise defects that need to be detected
- Acquiring sample products or parts that are to be inspected
- Mocking up complete vision configuration using cameras, lighting and lenses
- Obtaining measurements to create a mechanical and electrical design to meet requirements of the inspection system and plant facility
- Delivery of feasible pass/fail rate results and detailed system recommendations